Saturday, September 15, 2007

Catch up

1. This week's FFFF challenge from Lissa at Loving Lydia is Close Ups. And in the Hawkins' household, how many up close and personal shots do we have of the boy wonder? Too many too count. I put together a "quick" slideshow (it could have been 15 minutes long... I swear, I've got a camera in Grant's face every other second). The slides are from current Grant to baby Grant... what a little hunk-a-love. **You can hit "view all images" at the bottom and control the speed.



2. Today is Bret's 32nd birthday. Happy birthday baby! Bret takes GREAT delight in the fact that he is 6 months younger than I am, so I always love when his birthday rolls around because--for at least 6 months--we're the same age. I actually forgot I was 32 the other day (I thought I was still 31), and when I discovered my error, I really felt like I had lost a year of my life. So, loudly and publicly, Bret David is now 32 years old (that's 8 x 4, or 16 x 2, or OLD in any language).

3. While Grant is indeed all boy (as outlined by Bret in the previous post), he also is a heart melter. He has officially (he's been working on it for some time) started giving kisses. When asked (and presented with a large set of adult puckered lips), he opens his mouth (there's no pucker involved yet) and places his lips, ever so gently, on the lips of the asker. Problem is: I keep asking. After one kiss, why not two? three? four? He tires of the game quickly. The really "melt my heart moment" happened yesterday when I was playing with him. He stopped, opened up his mouth and waited for me to kiss him... I wasn't even asking for a kiss. To die for cute! I gave him my credit card at that point and just surrendered to the fact that I'm a TOTAL goner!

No comments: