Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Taste


Saturday we took in this year's Taste of Chicago. We decided to take a lightening fast trip to Chicago with my inlaws to see what all the fuss about Taste is about. I will say, in brief, that Taste of Chicago could more appropriately be renamed Smell of the Denizens of Chicago, given that you're smashed into Grant Park with approximately 2 million citizens of Cook County. The food was tasty, although I think we all found it a little hard to enjoy whatever "food on a stick" you might be eating at any given time when you really don't have anywhere to sit, and you really don't have anything to drink most of the time either. I realize that you could probably hunt these necessities down, but that would require you to exit the giant "people coccoon" you're encassed in as you walk from booth to booth.

All in all, I would say that we were all glad we gave this experience a go, but none of us need to do it every year. Plus, with all of the holiday eating this weekend, my wife informed me that I had slipped back to a previously abandoned hole in my belt. That's so defeating.

No comments: