Monday, September 10, 2007

I hope this guy doesn't charge much

Regarding the fact that people just paid top dollar for new iPhones when a $200 price break came just days later, CNN had the following quote:

"If they told me at the outset the iPhone would be $200 cheaper the next day, I would have thought about it for a second -- and still bought it," said Andrew Brin, a 47-year-old addiction therapist in Los Angeles.

That's a bit like having a one-eyed optometrist or an AA sponsor who works for Budweiser, isn't it?

In other random thoughts, Erin and I were responsible for helping out in the toddler's room at church Sunday morning. Toddlers are an interesting age to me. They walk around on two feet, eat pretty much normal food, and seem as though they should be able to carry on a normal conversation. But then you sit down with them and they try to pull your eyelid over your forehead or pee on you. They're like little aliens.

In previous toddler room experiences, I've been less than effective. I'll wander around and eventually sit down to play with a group of them, and usually after a few minutes, they've overcome me and are hitting me with toy hammers. I don't know if they're old enough to understand, "One more hammer and somebody's taking a punch" or if I should say, "No, no. That's not what we do with hammers. Those are for furniture."

This time around was much more successful, and I can attribute it fully to having Grant (who despite being eight months old is large enough to seem like a toddler.) I have a much better understanding of these small humans after just a few months of absorbing Grant-drool, and I was actually pretty effective this morning at playing with, feeding, and avoiding being abused by the kids.

On the way home, I told Erin that I still feel like I'm urine soaked after having twenty different diapered kids sit on my lap, and she just smiled that half smile which says, "Oh good. Then you're still crazy."

No comments: