Sunday, December 23, 2007

One Gift a Year: 2005

We both had the same idea: our 14 day, 4,000 mile car trip to the edge of Eastern Canada and back. States we hit: Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. And let's not forget that most of the trip was in Canada.

My ornament to Bret is a sand dollar from Maine with the Maine blueberries on it:

Bret's ornament to me is the classic Maine lobster (I swear it is the actual size of a lobster):


Update: Bret and I just finished a SIX HOUR baking marathon. We take goodies as gifts down to family in Bedford. This year's menu: butterscotch pecan cookies, black and white cookies (like our family!), homemade slow pokes (it's a sucker for my Cali family), Bailey's Irish Cream fudge, Kahlua Cookie Creams, and rosemary shortbread. We're exhausted, covered in flour, and ready for bed.

No comments: