Thursday, May 22, 2008

Travelin' Man

Under threat from the doctor to have to visit the physical therapist, Grant is up and walking. I purchased a new toy (read: 1 dollar garage sale find) shopping cart that has aided his walking, and now, after a weekend of walking around with that cart, he's taking lots of steps on his own (mind you, this is the fourth "walker toy" I've tried and the only one to work). Walking is slowly becoming his prefered mode of transportation, but it's not like he's going to walk around the mall or the airport anytime soon, but he is mobile and upright, so we're moving in the right direction.

I've feared that I would have to start telling people he was nine months old, as I got many a stare, "word of wisdom," or snicker from anyone who asked how old he was as he crawled around under foot. I thought it might be easier to just say he was 9 months old, and just let them stand in amazement at his verbal skills and massive size. Thankfully, I will not have to resort to such mistruths.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the "BANG," where he runs the cart into several thousand dollars worth of vintage electronics.

Katherine said...

You know you spend the first year to year and half doing anything you can to get your kid walking and talking and then then next 18 years trying to get them to sit down and be quiet - something about that just doesn't seem right.
Nice walking, Grant!