Monday, January 09, 2006

It ain't exactly cold fusion, but hey...


So some of you may remember my posting concerning patents a while ago. Well I got some good news in my mailbox at work this morning -- I've been awarded a patent! I've filed a hefty pile of patent disclosures over the past five years, but none have become actual patents until now.

Here's the link to the patent and associated documentation (you'll need to scroll down to see the majority of the patent). The brief description is that if you were watching a show on your TV -- say "24" for the sake of my inlaws -- and midway through it you decided you'd like to record it. Some TVs and cable/satellite boxes will let you hit the RECORD key on your remote to start an immediate recording. My patent was to bring up a box telling you something like "This program will air again at 6:00pm on Friday. Would you like to record that one?" thereby insuring that you get the whole program, rather than just the rest of the program you're currently watching.

It won't cure world hunger, but hey...

Bret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are now officially famous. now if only you could collect on the royalties.

btw. to submit this i had to type the letters: sukxg - which to me just seems like a silly word and i'm sure would have inspired hours of laughing in my more formatable years.