Saturday, February 11, 2006

Dossier to Denver

A quick update on the adoption -- our dossier arrived safely at our agency in Denver yesterday. They get the task of translating and checking the massive pile of paperwork we shipped them. If all goes well, we're hoping that the paperwork will land in China sometime in March.

I must say that the trip to the post office to drop all of this in the mail was a bit of an OCD/Rain Man moment for me. I'm relatively sure I checked everything about 50 times. There was something very unsettling for me about handing the Express Mail envelope which I had careful constructed and gathered paperwork for since October to a postal employee who immediately turned around and did a jump shot with it into a bin of other, much less important pieces of mail. But it made it to Denver, none the less...

Bret

1 comment:

glo said...

Congratulations. I am sure this was a very exciting day for you. The beginning of a fairly long and very exciting journey. I wish you well along your path.