Sunday, June 04, 2006

Saddle Sores

So far so good...neither of us have fallen off our rented "beach cruiser" bicycles. One thing I will say after riding around on the rental bikes for a couple of hours last night...despite three years of trying to get pregnant, there are still muscles below my waist that have not moved since I rode bikes as a kid. Holy smokes, am I sore. The lovely combination of muscle strain and butt bruising is putting a distinct crimp in my style. It's hard to look suave on these goofy bikes anyway, since they have a lovely white basket hanging from the handlebars. Multiple times last night I threw my feet out to the sides and sang the intro music to Laverne & Shirley.

We spent a couple of hours today out at the beach. It was relaxing, not terribly crowded, and the water and weather were nice and warm. Tonight it's off to The Kingfisher for the early bird special. Erin has decided that the best way to eat dinner at expensive restaurants here at Hilton Head is to take them up on their early bird specials. This is fine, but it does seem strange to be looking for a place to grab dessert at 4:30pm.

Bret

No comments: