Wednesday, August 09, 2006

...and in the nick of time

Just as I was getting ready to head off to the mud and heat of Camp Tipsaw, Erin called and informed me that my services would not be needed. In an effort to escape the misery of camp, the kids had all piled into the bus and headed to Tell City for the Pizza Hut buffet, Dairy Queen, and free rides at Schweizer Fest (don't ask me what it is, just check out the link...the music alone says "Fun!") In any case, Erin's spirits seemed to be up this evening when she called. She decided that she could handle the kids on her own for one last evening, so I was saved, yet again, from camping. I suspect she thought that if I went down there and had a miserable night in the mud that I might poo poo any future camping trips, so this way she could prevent that from happening. But I'm not so easily tricked. I will poo poo future camping trips, DESPITE not having to be miserable this evening.

As a sort of karmic gift for my glee (I nearly killed 8 people as I raced into the Wal-Mart parking lot this evening to return the tent, air bed, etc) I have acquired a rather miserable head cold. Hopefully Erin won't mind nursing me back to health before she unpacks, gets ready for school on Friday, writes a massive blog entry giving her side of the camping trip, etc. We all must have our priorities.

Bret

No comments: