Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thanks

We just wanted to thank everyone for all of the well wishes and gifts that everyone has been sending Grant and the now anonymous handlers that reside in the house with him. (I knew it was inescapable that at some point in my life my own mother would walk right past me as though I didn't exist, but it still is disconcerting none the less.)

I'll try and get some more pictures up soon. In the mean time, little Grant has already mastered several significant, shall we say, maneuvers (since "tricks" make him sound like a Chihuahua.)

1. He can make four old people, I mean "respected elders," squat down wide eyed and say "Come on buddy, wake up. Just for a minute for mamaw. Please? Please?" for two solid hours. I'm convinced that he refuses to open his eyes not out of tiredness, rather he can't handle the embarrasing scene before him.

2. He can lift his head up with no problems and give you a good staring. Unless you're one of the four adults discussed in #1, for whom he will probably not open his eyes until his college graduation.

3. He made 10 or 12 software engineers congregate around a desk and stare at him, all wondering if he could do anything useful like write software or pickup chicks. Actually, now that I think about it, they were all probably thinking "Gee, I wonder if I could take him apart and put him all back together again and have him still work."

4. (This might be my favorite.) He managed yesterday to master instantly two talents. The first was peeing substantially on his beloved mother (I slipped him a $20 after this trick.) But more impressive was that he managed to pee on his own face. I fully intend to warn future girlfriends of this talent upon being introduced. This trick did not go over well with Grant, and any requests for a second show will be angrily declined.

Again, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, and we look forward to seeing everyone soon.

No comments: