Friday, March 02, 2007

Yeah, Right.

Erin went to bed early tonight to try and get some sleep before Grant awakened for his 10:30pm feeding. One of the frustrations I've had since Grant's birth is that Erin wakes up at the slightest whimper of a cry from Grant. Tonight, I decided to stay up and take the 10:30pm shift, in hopes that Erin would de-crankify with a bit of sleep. So at 10:30pm, Grant started stirring, and I quickly dashed into his room, but before I got seated, there was Erin. I told her I'd take the shift, and she gleefully threw herself back in bed.

In the course of feeding Grant, he got a little gassy (who doesn't?) and started crying. It lasted approximately 1/1000th of a second, but there she was at the door. I quickly said, "I've got it! Go back to bed!" Her response?

"I was worried about YOU, not Grant. I thought something happened to YOU!"

Dearest, you're never a good liar, least of all when you're 1/10th awake. Worried about me. Right. Because I cry and sound like Grant. (Ok, so I do...but only sometimes...)

No comments: