Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pitchin' In

I realize we've had lots of posts in the past couple of weeks. I told Erin the other night that life in the past month has started to blur into little bloggable moments, and at this point, the blog is really a diary with which we will hopefully remember the craziness of our own lives. If you, dear reader, find something worth your time, that's an added bonus. (I realize that this bonus, more often than not, will be pictures of Grant and not me rambling. I'm aware.)

Another bloggable bit happened today here at Enginerd Central. We had a company pitch-in to celebrate the arrival of summer, an event likely not noticed by some of our staff who haven't been exposed to natural light in a very long time. Someone actually "pitched in" with Little Debbie brownies that were cut in half. Only an engineer would "pitch in" with something you could buy from the vending machines.

The other thing I found humorous was that there was a large conference room with tables and chairs reserved for the event at which there were a fair number of people eating -- from our finance and marketing departments. The engineers were gathering three times as much food on their plates and escaping potential mingling in under 30 seconds, rushing back to their cubes, food already in mouth. I would have started laughing if it hadn't been so difficult to run with a chicken leg in my mouth.

No comments: