Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Advice about the Adorable One (that's Grant)

We here in the Hawkins' household are in unchartered waters. As first time parents, we've done a lot of listening to other parents, a ton of reading (okay, I have done a ton of reading while Bret has pretended to listen to me while I tell him about what I have read), and we have done a lot of praying for wisdom when it comes to parenting baby Grant (did I mention that he is the world's best baby?). But, now, we are facing a new stage in Grantdom that is getting a tad bit old. The aforementioned raspberries are hitting an all time high despite our attempts to move Grant's highchair behavior in the opposite direction.

I know, I know... it's a stage that will pass, but we are trying to be proactive about good behavior (yes, even now at 5.5 months). So, seasoned parents the blog world over... what are your suggestions?

Beside the raspberries, Grant is a perfect child. He loves his baths (I actually dump a gallon or so of water over his head to get the shampoo out, and he comes up smiling... really... no even tipping the head back...), loves his naps, loves his books (current favorite: I'll teach my dog a lot of words), love his grandparents, and most of all loves his mommy and daddy.

Here are some recent pictures. Some of them show the aftermath of the raspberry explosion. Some of them are blackmail for when he gets older (naked butt bath photos). Some are of a pumpkin hat that will probably be too small come October (so we had to pretend in June), some of them are his first discovery of himself in a mirror, and some are of him just being his adorable (ADORABLE!!!) self.

You can watch it in slideshow mode. Or, you can hit the button at the bottom of the slideshow that says "view all images" to see the bigger pics at a slower pace.

No comments: