Thursday, September 13, 2007

All Boy

A few days ago, Erin asked me "You think everyone still likes Grant now that he's all boy, right?"

This may seem like a strange question to ask, but Grant has gone through a pretty amazing personality, shall we say, development over the past few weeks. He went from our sweet, smiling little baby to a little dude.

Grant now communicates with us, still smiling always, with a series of caveman grunts accompanied by much puffing of the chest and clinched fists. He looks at you and puts his fists in front of his waist and with all of his might, grunts at you. I love it. I now have someone in the house to grunt with. And even better is that as long as you're willing to grunt and make his arm motions, he'll stand and do it back to you.

His other move which many have witnessed is that he has a little happy dance that he does. You can simulate it by alternately raising each of your shoulders and simultaneously swiviling your hips. It's sort of a little snake charmer move. In the last couple of days, if I do this dance (and let me say, I look ravishing while doing it), he will answer with his own version. Combine this with the grunting, chest puffing, and our almost equal gas production, and Grant and I are forming a father/son bond beyond rival. I'll try to get a video up of this as soon as possible...

Erin's only comment is that "At least Grant will grow out of it." Sure he will, hon.

No comments: