Sunday, September 09, 2007

Come to daddy...

You may have heard the big announcement in the past week. It's an exciting time in the life of any family, but especially in ours. We've endured so much over the past few years, and this is just another example of the best things coming to those who wait. Erin can hardly contain her excitement, so I thought I'd better announce it.

That's right. There's a new iPod.

Now I'm guessing that you might have thought I was talking about the new iPod with the snappy iPhone interface. But this doesn't interest me in the least. What I want is the new iPod Classic with a whopping 160 GB of space. My current iPod, which I dearly love, holds 60 GB, but I have 90 GB of music in my collection. Plus I'd love to have ALL of my music plus a pile of movies for my plane rides to China. This new bad boy can hold 40,000 songs or 200 hours of video. That should cover it.

Normally I would have expected much wailing and gnashing of teeth from Erin when I presented my "plan to purchase within 6 hours" to her. But she was aware that she would be the recipient of my current iPod, which thrills her no end. Finally a place to hold every musical soundtrack and Backstreet Boys CD ever released. (The harddrive may crash itself on purpose when she starts loading that stuff.)

So we raced to the local Apple store yesterday to plunk out the cash for a new iPod, and I got rejected like a Trekkie on prom night. Apparently the 160 GB models are due in later this week. I'm probably going to have to make a quick run (?!?) to China in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully they'll have them before I leave.

40,000 songs. 200 hours of video. Every Beach Boys and R.E.M. track ever laid to tape PLUS every episode of the Twilight Zone. Does life get any better?

No comments: