Saturday, October 06, 2007

Grant and Sermons

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment on the south side of town. Rather than make Grant's mamaw run the gauntlet of morning traffic on I-465, I decided to drop Grant off at her house, since it's only 15 minutes from my doctor's office.

Now Grant normally conks right out in the car. It's really a wonder that he's able to do so, given that his dear mommy is frequently protesting the way the vehicle is being deftly maneuvered through traffic by daddy. But none the less, he usually only lasts a few minutes before succumbing to the motion of the car. But yesterday was different, given that he'd only recently gotten out of bed. Therefore he was fired up and raring to go when we got in the van.

Now Erin and I have recently been listening to sermon's on the book of Galatians, as given by her cousin Nathan out in California. I am currently listening to Galatians 4, so I decided to listen to a few more minutes on my way to my mom's. About two minutes in, Grant started fussing. At first he was relatively subdued about it, but over the next few minutes it escalated to a relatively constant "aaaaahhhhh" as though he was falling from a high place.

While trying to avoid rear ending multiple vehicles on the freeway, I decided that perhaps the sound of Nate's voice wasn't cutting it, so I switched over to the Beach Boys. About 15 seconds later, the boy was asleep.

Now I quite enjoy Nate's preaching, but obviously everyone is entitled to an opinion. It appears that Grant has made his known. :)

No comments: