Thursday, December 27, 2007

Drum Roll Please

I know you've been waiting for this moment with such anticipation (ahem, Kathy!). You probably couldn't sleep. Probably couldn't eat. You might be hyperventilating right now at the mere thought of it.

Yes, it's time for the unveiling of the 2007 one gift a year Christmas ornament exchange. There were some mishaps this year, and I am approaching near litigation with the internet store where I purchased my ornament to Bret, but still....

Baby Grant's first ornament from us:




My ornament to Bret:

Why the near litigation over this ornament? Because baby Grant is white on this ornament, and the whole reason I picked this ornament, after months of searching, is because baby Grant was suppose to be a black baby with a baby afro. The "personalization department" obviously thought I made a mistake. Every "family of #" ornament has white people or snowmen, so I was so excited to find an ornament that would accurately represent race. I should have known that there would be a snag. A replacement ornament should be on its way.


Bret's ornament to me:

This picture doesn't do the ornament justice: Grant doesn't have a huge shiny circle radiating from his forehead. This ornament has a bulb that goes down into it and back lights Grant's picture. Without the bulb, Grant looks possessed.

Another year of sweet memories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Didn't think you could change my mind - but you did! The Family of Three ornament was fantastic - especially when you get it right and the ornament Bret chose - well it made up for the "quilting granny" one. Good job, guys!