Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

How can it possibly be 2008?

It's been a quiet couple of days around here--shopping, cleaning, grading. Bret is back to work, but I don't have to return until next Monday. Vacation has been dreamy.

Here's a little slice of life from the last few days. It sure wasn't filmed with the intent of putting it on the blog (as I sing multiple times and Bret and I discuss Grant passing gas), but it is a realistic portrayal of Hawkins family life.

This video started because Grant has started to do impersonations. He does (though he doesn't do it (really) once in the whole video) what we call his "strong boy" impersonation. He grunts, bulges his eyes way out, and tenses up his whole upper body. It's hilarious. We'll try to catch it on film at some point (maybe when he's not so tired).


Here's another clip of an unfortunate accident. I put this up only as proof that Grant really never cries. My mom still swears she has never seen a tear. He fusses, that's for sure, but it never amounts to a cry. So, this video looks worse than it actually was, but you still get the idea. I swear he doesn't feel pain. He's my boy's boy baby.

No comments: