Monday, February 11, 2008

Random

Yesterday I was watching a golf tournament being played at Pebble Beach on the California coast. Everyone was dressed in shorts and golf polos. This got me to thinking about that part of our family that lives in Monterey that we don't often get to see and who we miss so much. Then this got me to thinking...YOU SUCK.

It's 6 degrees here this morning with a windchill of negative "who cares, you're going to freeze to death if you stay in it longer than 30 seconds anyway." Can't you people pass some of the good weather along to those of us who are diving from our cars into our office buildings, futilely attempting to keep our chapped lips from bleeding onto our sleeves as we wipe our noses onto the sleeves of our parka? This is ridiculous. First I nearly freeze in China, and now it has followed me here.

In other news, we did indeed visit my grandmother, Grant's great grandmother, this weekend. She commented multiple times on how handsome I suddenly look. I apparently have looked like Gary Busey for the past 30 years, but now, I'm quite dashing. Erin noted in the car that this is probably due, in part, to the fact that of all the cousins, I look most like our dear, recently departed grandfather.

In any case, if you're one of said cousins, I'm definitely getting more Christmas and birthday gifts than the rest of you next year. You lose.

2 comments:

nate said...

I wish I could console you, I really do. The harsh reality, however, is that I made a run to Blockbuster the other night...in my flip flops.

Anonymous said...

Geez... I bet the employees at Blockbuster wish you had chosen to wear a little more than just flip flops. That's sort of embarrasing for a minister, isn't it?

;)