Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Single Dad

Sorry for the slow week of posts. Erin is on a work retreat, therefore I'm doing single daddy duty for the week.

Things I have learned this week:

1. If your child cannot walk, you cannot let him go down the slide without the second parent present. In other words, you cannot place him at the top of the slide, and then run to the bottom in time to catch him without him incurring some level of injury. Or so I've heard.

2. Poop can act as a kind of "baby alarm clock" at 4 A.M.

3. Chicken and dumplings can be used as hair gel.

4. No matter how much work I put into bathing, feeding, and changing the boy, I am no substitute. It is possible for him to say, "Mama?" several thousand times in one afternoon.

5. If you try to step over the baby gate while coming down the stairs, it will stop you. And you will think twice before doing it a second time.

Please come home, Erin. I understand now.

Bret

1 comment:

Katherine said...

You may not find single daddyhood the easiest job around and wish for Erin to return ASAP, but you are the funniest dad. I bet Grant is laughing his head off!