Monday, April 28, 2008

SOOOOOOOOOOO BUSY!!


We are sorry for the lack of posts lately, but to say that we have been busy would be a gross understatement. Bret's week long trip to Mexico coupled back to back with the week long retreat I led, and we're already hurting. But these last two weeks were just the beginning.

This weekend was madness (in a good way), and there's no sign of things slowing down until mid-June. Every single weekend is crazy booked, which is hard to believe as Bret and I are not popular people. Not even good looking. Or rich. So what gives?

In the next two months, we've got three trips (a Mothers' Day Weekend, a family wedding week in Key West (da beach baby!) and a visit to family in Northern California. On top of that, Bret is on (as of this morning) his second work run to Mexico in the last three weeks. I've got to finish up school (and test and papers and portfolios), throw my school's prom (how did I end up signing the dotted line on that one for a second year?), and let's not even get me started concerts, parties, and camping trips with friends. Yikes!

This weekend started us off on our whirlwind with a bang. Friday night, we had dinner with Grant's birthmom and sisters which is always a treat. We love them so much; they are very dear to our hearts.

On Saturday, we finally got to meet cousin Brakston (heart-melter) and say bon voyage to the members of the Long Family as they head off to Singapore for FOUR years! The weekend included lots of food (a Hawkins' family favorite), a roadtrip to Chicago, Grant's worst hotel stay in history, and a stop--yet again--at the Beef House.

Grant, in all of this, was a trooper (I think he thought all of the parties were for him as each location had new toys with which to play). He gets bigger and smarter and funnier every day... and more willful! He gets so angry sometimes. He almost NEVER cries real baby tears. He cries "I am so honked off right now" kind of tears. It's almost screaming or yelling. Or, at the very least, very, very forceful pouting.

Here are some pics and such to make up for the lack thereof over the last few weeks.

Grant hugs his birth sister; he adores them!


Grant has always loved music, but right now, he could spend all day at our piano or my guitar. They are baby crack!


Grant standing (about to touch something he shouldn't)


To come this week: Grant's howler monkey video and tantrum video!!

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Adorable!

Katherine said...

Oh, my gosh! I just realized that Grant looks like he is walking in the last picture. Did I miss that or is he just tricking me??
PS Bet you knew I couldn't just leave a one word comment!

side of fries said...

no walking yet... just standing. Trust me: you'll know when he's walking!

carol said...

I like the new cut...it shows off his handsomeness!