Monday, November 17, 2008

Easy and Good

I love to cook and to bake. But, to be honest, I don't really have the time in a given work week to make standout meals. Sure, I can boil some pasta, bake some chicken or toss up a salad, but the cooking I'd like to do often has to wait for special occasions. So, I've decided to start a new post, and any faithful reader out there is highly encouraged to participate.

I'm going to provide a recipe (from time to time) that is a winner. But, here's the catch: it has to be super, super simple, the kind of recipe you make, but then as people compliment it, you almost feel guilty because it was so easy. There will be no food processors, very few dishes, and lots of smiles. I share these recipes, and so will you, with the assumption that the owner gets dibs. If we're going to be at a party together, you don't get to make my dip, or my soup, or my pasta. You can make it in your home, share it with your friends, but when our lives intersect, I call dibs.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
(and I don't even like Buffalo Sauce)

1 block cream cheese cut into cubes
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 cup cooked chicken (I used precooked chicken from Costco)

Put in microwave safe bowl, and cook for 5-6 minutes (until cheese melts), stopping very often to stir. Serve with Frito chips, crackers, celery sticks, etc.

What about you? Do you have a recipe to share? If you do, just type it up in your blog, and I'll link to you!

No comments: