Sunday, October 26, 2008

Uh Oh

We just returned from a BUSY weekend. I'll post more about all that later, but first, we have some bad news.

Last night Erin informed me that it was time to cut Grant's afro. It was starting to look like the buffet at Golden Corral, and he was scratching at it a lot. She also informed me that the guard for our clippers was broken. I told her that since we cut Grant's hair close anyway, we should do it carefully without the guard.

So this morning at about 8:00am while I was still lying in bed, I heard the trimmer start. By the time I got to the kitchen, Grant looked like the victim of a flesh eating disease. There were patches of hair missing everywhere, and there was a large strip cut to the skin on the very top.

I worked with it for a while, through Grant squirming everywhere and Erin sobbing. Finally I gave up. I told her that I thought we'd reached the inevitable. I went and got my safety razor, a fresh blade, and a can of Edge gel.
What I immediately noticed was the similarity to these dudes:

(I've always referred to these guys as "the butt heads from Star Trek.")

In any case, it didn't turn out THAT bad, and Grant is enjoying touching his head and yelling "NO HAIR!"

3 comments:

Rich n Bon said...

Butt head??? Yea, but a cute butt head he is! The kid is shaving already.

Love
Richie and Bonnie

haffpint said...

Bald baby!!!!! Too cute, even bald! :)

Alison said...

As traumatic as I'm sure the situation was, I have to agree, that he looks pretty cute bald!