Monday, November 24, 2008

I can't keep up

Grant isn't talking in just words anymore, so it's impossible to keep up the chronicling of all the things he says. He still, though, amazes me with some of the words he uses. For example, today he saw the very first picture of the three of us (taken day 2 of Grant's life). Grant's response: "that's us in the hospital." Hospital? Where did he get that? Or today, I asked him if he wanted milk or water for dinner. His response: "No, I want a Diet Coke." He's never had a Diet Coke, but I guess he's willing to try.

Grant recognizes his name when spelled on paper or spelled aloud for him. He then pretends to spell words. He says: "I-W-E-M; that spells Daddy." Then he shakes his head, looking down and goes: "Oh me." I think that's one you've got to see, but while not funny to you, I just had to get it down so I'll never forget it.

I counted today, and he Grant knows the names (and can identify) 19 of the Thomas the Tank Engine characters. For those of you without a toddler boy in the house, I guess you're wondering how there can be so many of those blasted trains, but let me tell you, there are many more, and Grant is bent on learning every single one by name. I bought him a Thomas book the other day at Half Price Books (my favorite store ever), and he already can repeat entire lines out of the book: "Gordon is a big, strong engine." It's too cute.

Grant also has figured out stop signs, and every time we pass one (which is quite a bit, you know), he tells me, "stop, Mommy, stop; there's a stop sign."

The scariest of all, though, happened tonight as Bret was flipping on the TV. Bret went to the main Tivo page (I'd give up a lot of things before I'd give up my Tivo). On it, there's a main menu, and at the bottom of the screen, it read: "Order Pizza through Tivo at Dominos." It had the Dominos Pizza emblem.
Grant walked up and pointed to it and said, "Pizza, Mommy." I asked him to point to it again because I just wasn't sure he knew what he was talking about, but sure enough. Scary.

By the way, we have ordered pizza through Tivo--just in case you were wondering.

No comments: