Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Class of 1993

Yesterday, one of my best friends from high school left a comment on this blog with a link to her blog, and in one amazing cyber-minute, we were reconnected. How did we conduct life back then in Elk Grove, California in 1993?

Endre (yes, that's her name. She has spent a life time spelling it for people, defending it to others, and wearing it proud... and I don't blame her) is now married with three kids (figures), is still gorgeous (figures), and thin (figures), is in to yoga (figures), reads really great books (figures), is still full of sass and spunk (figures), and is really, really, really funny (figures).

It's validating to reconnect with old high school friends. It's validating to know that I picked good ones. No, seriously. High school wasn't exactly my shining moment (I'm still waiting for that, by the way), so it's good to know that despite my freakish height, total insecurity, loud mouth, and bravado ways, I had cool friends who were good people... well, not just good. Smart and funny too.

Endre has a blog of her own (Rants in My Pants) which is laugh out loud funny. No really, I laugh out loud with every single post. So, when you look to our friends and family section, you'll see my new and old friend Endre, a most important and humorous edition to the site.

3 comments:

e. said...

Thanks Erin. I'm blushing, even though you can't see me. By the way, I'm considerably less thin than when I was 16, and if you saw me doing yoga you would most likely by unimpressed. I often think of you when I'm trying to touch my toes. You are pretty flexy if I remember correctly. Oh, and I don't know what girl you remember from high school, but I thought you were super rad.

e

ps- Hello all of Erin's friends. I'm waving like a tourist - even though you can't see me.

Unknown said...

Erin, Endre, a half-gallon of ice cream and 3 spoons in Erin's cool high school car after 2 hours of sweating in the Cartwright gym. That is what memories are made of. Love you girls!!

You are both laugh out loud funny. Always have been and always will be. Thanks for letting me along for the ride.

Sara

Anonymous said...

Ladies, ladies, ladies... Are you kidding? We were EGHS fabulousness!! I hope you are all well and had a lovely Christmas. I read Endre's rants blog every now and again and what a lovely surprise to find Erin's blog with a comment from SaraB.

I am in DC working on the Hill - single/no kids. Just waiting for Congress to return and I will burrow into my little hole and get back to work!

Best wishes in 2009!!

Kristal
kdekleer@yahoo.com