Saturday, December 20, 2008

Easiest Cookie Ever

I stole this "recipe" (as there are only two ingredients, I'm not sure it counts as a recipe) from this blogger, and while I just love to bake, there are times when you're in a pinch, and these cookies are a go-to in these situations: like when your husband tells you about pitch-ins at work at 11 pm the night before, or, surprise, you're up for snacks at preschool, or, "wow, I expected that homemade biscotti to fill up that Christmas tin... now what do I do?"

Peanut Butter Dreams
150 calories or 3 points each on Weight Watchers

Preheat oven to 350.
Really Grease mini-muffin tins (Pam or whatever).
Scoop premade peanut butter cookie dough (in a tube in grocery store) into tins.
Bake 8-10 minutes.
While baking, unwrap mini Reeces Peanut Butter cups; do not wait.
After removing from oven, press cups into the soft cookies shell.
Let cool completely and remove.

These are great kid cookies, in that kids can help. Grant even likes to unwrap the Reeces cups (for about 1 minute... and I do end up with gold foil flecks all over the floor). Also, there are at least two cup removing casualties per batch, so it makes for good eating while you're working. There is one key, though, so be warned: do not overfill the tins with cookie dough... you just want the dough in a ball about half way up the side of the tin (that took some practice).

I've been encouraged by a friend (hi, Alison) to put up some healthier recipes, and I'll try... maybe.

3 comments:

carol said...

3 points isn't too bad, right?
thanks for sharing...I'm totally into easy these days....or just not baking/cooking at all. We've had cereal night a lot lately.

Alison said...

Way to call me out! :-) I do like the cookie recipe, though. There's one you can do with cake mix and water, too, I believe. Maybe an egg? Not much help, huh? Maybe it's the water you leave out...anyway..something about cake mix and cookies! It was great to get together the other night! I really enjoy your company!

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog title and was all ready to get on and be like, "nuh-uh, THIS is the easiest cookie ever..."

But then I realized you posted what I was going to share with you. They are a Shepherd family standard for ever Christmas Eve gathering.

peace.