Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Little Guy

Today, after picking up Grant from his little Thursday morning pre-school class, we had the following conversation:

Grant: (complaining) I dropped my manifying (magnifying) glass. Mommy get it.
Mommy: I can't get it, Grant. Mommy's driving. (much wailing [from Grant, of course].)
Mommy: (after a bit) Grant, what were you looking at with your magnifying glass?
Grant: Angels.
Mommy: Oh, where do angels live?
Grant: In Africa.
Mommy: Oh.
Grant: (a stop sign later) I see a penguin.
Mommy: Where?
Grant: Over there.
Mommy: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (Grant laughs; this "I see a _________ over there" is his current form of joke telling).
Grant: Now the penguin is in my ear.
Mommy: You have a penguin living in your ear?
Grant: No, now he lives in Africa.

It all makes sense now.

Here's a video from the wedding. I know it's dark, but here's a little sneak peek at Grant dancing it up at Bret's cousin's wedding. Too cute!


1 comment:

Katherine said...

Erin . . .my dear it is not normal to have conversations with children under 2 about such things as magnifying glasses and Africa! The child is in my humble opinion - briliant! (and adorable, too!)