Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's been a while

As I type this, I am s...t...i...l...l recovering from a lung infection that has me sounding like I've smoked for 70 years (just to be clear: my lips have never touched a cigarette, a fact my students find hard to believe. I guess I've got "live hard and die young" tattooed on my forehead).

My sickness and general malaise have kept me from even feeling remotely like blogging, but then I freaked out as I thought of all the cute things Grant is doing lately that will drop into childhood oblivion because I have failed to record them.

Don't think that I haven't been on the computer, though. In fact, the computer has come in handy as of late. First off, I sent in my sub plans for the last several days via computer, a perfect use of modern technology. And, much to Bret's chagrin, I have become an expert in all things Disney World. No, really. I'm a freakin' expert. Seriously, ask me a question. I understand every single nuance of the Disney Dining Plan, and we're not even going to use the Disney Dining Plan. I know the height restrictions for every ride, the ins and outs of every resort (please keep in mind, we're only staying in one of the twenty), and every single trick and tip for saving a dime (or your left arm, which is the going rate for a cheeseburger) inside the Disney Complex. You think that I'm kidding or that I'm exaggerating, but I'm not. I'm not in love with Disney, never have been, but I am in love with Disney for Grant, and I wanted to know everything. Really, everything. In fact, all I've done for the last two weeks is learn everything I can about that money-thirsty Mouse. Quiz me, if you dare.

But, keep in mind, this is all mother motivated love, and anything done under that umbrella passes by the "crazy" or "codependent" or "unhealthy" categories and moves directly over to the "perfectly acceptable" if not "necessary" categories.

So, in the name of motherly love, I'll get some pictures and videos of Grant up soon.

No comments: