Sunday, April 12, 2009

Misunderstandings, Part 2: The Easter Edition

I wanted to make sure Grant was properly prepared for church this morning, so I taught him how to say, "Happy Easter," to anyone who even looked at him.

And to make sure he understood the importance of Easter to us, I taught him to say, "Jesus is alive," which he said with vigor, throwing his hands into the air.

But, it was not until I saw it play out to a bunch of strangers that I realized we had a problem. Grant had no problem with "Happy Easter," but when he got to the "Jesus is alive" part, we had a bit of a horrendous problem.

You see, there's only one consonant difference between "Jesus is alive" and "Jesus is a lie," the latter which poses some serious problems.

Needless to say, I think people graciously smiled as they knew what he was trying to say, but it'll be an Easter message for the books.

So, to all our friends, family, and any other faithful readers, we hope you have a had a joyous, hope-filled Easter. We, here in the Hawkins family, are so thankful for God's love!

No comments: