Monday, April 06, 2009

Whine, whine, whine...

Upon returning to Indiana, I have been informed by an unnamed reader of our blog who goes by the code name of "my mother" that I should not have posted that "more pictures would be coming" if more were not, indeed, on the way. Apparently my observations on life are no substitute for pictures of a grandchild enjoying Disney World, so let me explain why no pictures have showed up.

Disney does not have "free Internet" at their resorts. In fact, they don't even have "cheap Internet." They have $10 per day Internet. Therefore one must choose when and how to use the Internet, which for yours truly meant that I would only purchase two days worth and try to do what I could.

The other side of the coin is that for whatever reason, Erin and I stopped taking pictures midway through our trip. We have some more to post, but I'll let Erin handle that between cleaning our poor neglected house and potty training Grant.

To finish our travelogue, we left Orlando on Friday and drove to visit family in Birmingham for the weekend. We had a very nice visit, and Grant couldn't have been happier to see his cousins and "Aunt Keh-when and Unco Biww" (that's toddler speak for Karen and Bill). Amazingly, for the second year in a row in Birmingham, I ran into the same friend from high school who has relocated to Alabama. What are the chances?

After stuffing what valuables we could find into our pockets, we left my aunt and uncle's house on Sunday morning and headed for home. We stopped at our favorite Nashville area restaurant, Vittles, on Sunday for lunch and made it home around 7:00pm.

Today it's snowing here in Indianapolis. So I'll repeat the question to my wife and extended family -- Why do we continue to live here?

More pictures to come...really...some day...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Your last comments brings to mind my sentiments exactly! We are here in southern Calif. in 72 degree weather, a slight brreeze in our face as the palm trees gently sway and the tide brings in white rolling waves . . .jealous, huh??? I know you think we are all nutty out here - but it all relative! Wish you guys were anywhere closer . . . so get out of the snow and move westward!