Thursday, June 04, 2009

Stuffed Shorts

I had a long layover at the Atlanta airport yesterday on my way back from L.A., and it was made even longer when I voluntarily was bumped off my initial oversold flight. (Hey, they give me $200 to get into Indy 55 minutes later...not too bad...)

The extra hour gave me just enough time for a nature run, so I made my way to the nearest restroom. Let the eye-rolling commence.

Upon entering the first unused stall, I reached for a "seat protector" to protect my ever-delicate backside. I noticed there didn't appear to be any of them left, but when I looked into the dispenser, I noticed what appeared to be a cleaning rag stuffed into the bottom. I didn't really think anything about it until I recalled a story my uncle told me a while back.

Apparently he went into his place of employment one day and discovered that the bathroom had flooded. Upon further examination, it was determined that someone had stuffed a pair of slightly destroyed underpants into the TANK of the toilet. With my eyes now opened, I realized that the "cleaning rag" I had encountered at the Atlanta airport bathroom stall was actually somebody's underwear.

Again, I ask, am I missing something here? Is there a website called www.wheretostuffyourcrappyshorts.com that I haven't seen? For crying out loud, people. Have some dignity. If your soiled shorts are no longer viable as clothing, you can kindly throw them into the trash. Don't create a "natty underwear scavenger hunt" for the rest of us. Ick.

No comments: