Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Off to China!

Bret has been in China for a week on business, and now I am joining him. We were so blessed to use his frequent flyer miles to buy my tickets, so this morning, I am boarding a "free" Continental flight that leaves Newark, flies over the north pole, and lands in Hong Kong 16 hours later (the second longest flight in the world). Bret has been on this flight multiple times, so I feel very fortunate to have some of his experience to help me: bring a sweatshirt (it does go over the north pole), watch movies (I'll have my own movie and game console and will be able to pick from hundreds of movies, which if you know me, means I can waste about 12 hours watching mindless chic flics), and don't cry uncontrollably at leaving Grant behind (could end in some air-marshall/crazed-mom standoff).

The mail has been stopped, library books have been returned, and I have a wrapped a special present for Grant for each day we are gone (lucky little dude, eh?). We are ready to do this: bring on the family of four!

On a side note, we plan to post daily in China, but we can't format our blogs, so you're going to get lots of pictures up front, followed by commentary by me (informative) or by Bret (irreverent). We hope to explain the pictures in the commentary, but pictures of the Gracie girl will most likely not need much in the way of explanation. We are sending these blogs via email, so you can expect some formatting issues.

I'll touch base in Hong Kong in 24 hours! Peace out.

1 comment:

Nicole's Blog said...

Have a wonderful time!! I am so excited to meet her :)