Friday, July 17, 2009

We have TA: We're going to China, baby!

We received our Travel Approval (TA) today, and we couldn't be happier. Bret leaves next week for some early business over in the People's Republic, and I'm following shortly thereafter. I will spend TWO days getting to China, and then, we will spend a day in Hong Kong, a day in Shenzhen (where Bret works), and then we'll train to Nanchang, the capital city of the Jiangxi province, Grace's home province. We are excited beyond measure that we'll have Gracie in our arms in SIXTEEN days.

More to come: including videos of Grant, new information about Gracie, an explanation of why our blog suddenly includes things like packing lists, and much, much more. But, for now, we've got to get our butts in gear.

Oh, and if anyone knows how to lose 50 pounds in two weeks, let me know.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! I don't know you, but I've been reading for a while. I'm a (hopefully) future adoptive mom, and a friend referred me to your blog. I love your Grant stories, particularly the funny things he says and does. And now I'm so encouraged that you're finally going to bring Grace home! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm sure you intended the blog for family and friends, but it's made an impact on a stranger too. Thank you.

Alison said...

That is just so exciting!!! WOW! Definitely keep us posted and we will be praying for you. Oh, and you could stop eating, but I'm sure that wouldn't give you much energy to take care of the family! :-) Love you guys!

plainjane said...

My grandaughter Bo Ni, now Grace Ni, came home last June from the Poyang/Boyang Orphanage in Jiangxi Province. I have followed that orphanage blog for some time. Also a young friend of ours is awaiting her TA to go for her daughter, Jing Jing. She gave me links to your blog and to the others LID 3/15. I'm hoping to follow everyone as they go on their journeys.
Grandma Nancy