Friday, September 18, 2009

Softer hands, but...

Earlier this week, Erin stuck a free sample bottle of Vaseline's new "hand lotion for men" in my work bag. As many of you know, I wash my hands frequently (some might say "compulsively"), leaving me with the care worn hands of a 19th century iron worker. So I appreciate her efforts to return my hands to their natural, unused state.

After a few days of use, I must say that this is an excellent new product -- assuming you don't mind your hands smelling like arm pits. In an effort to make their new line of skin care products more "manly," they have gone the route of giving their hand lotion the same scent as most male underarm deodorants.

And while I do like the fact that the hand lotion isn't greasy, absorbs quickly, and returns my hands to looking like something other than meaty stumps attached to my forearms, I could do without them smelling like I've sat with my hands tucked under my arms ala Mary Katherine Gallagher on SNL.

Perhaps for their next trick, they can create an aftershave that smells like hemorrhoid cream...

1 comment:

Madeline & Andy said...

:) LOL!!!! Love the SNL reference, just as long as you don't go about crashing walls or desks, hee hee!