Saturday, January 09, 2010

Would you like some WHINE with that...

Now, I know what it is to miss family. I know what it is to work long days without any love from the boss man. I know what it is to be in limbo about future plans.

BUT, don't feel too sorry for Bret; after all, he's in Las Vegas on the company dime. He's staying at a nice hotel without having to ask for a pack-n-play. He's eating really, really nice meals, ones without sippy cups, dropped forks, or cold food because you've spent the first fifteen minutes cutting up food into manageable bites.

I'm eating chicken noodle soup out of can. On a good night. This morning, I woke up to Grace covered down (no joke... moms do not joke about such things) to her socks in poop. I have changed THREE outfits this morning because of poop.

So, if you're starting to feel a little sorry for homesick Bret, let's remember little old me here with two runny-nosed toddlers and a house covered in marshmallows (thank you, Papaw and Mamaw for getting Grant a marshmallow gun for Christmas) and load upon load of poopy laundry.

So, honey, we can't wait for you to come home. You better take all the uninterrupted nights on high thread count sheets and glasses of free wine you can get... because when you get home, I need a break--at the very least, I want to go the bathroom by myself.

4 comments:

Jamie and Angela said...

I hear ya, sister! My husband travels a lot too, so it is hard sometimes hearing him describe his gourmet dinner in Paris while the kids and I are having macaroni and cheese from a box.

Delaine said...

I hear ya, Erin!! We have had a sick house here too, and it stinks!! Literally!
Delaine

Katherine said...

Oh my gosh, Erin . . .you are beginning to write posts as funny as Bret's. I understand that going to the bathroom thing by yourself because although Andrea is 8 and Justin is 10 they still need me most when I am in the bathroom! It just doesn't change with age!

Anonymous said...

Hang in Erin! I have been there too!!! When I read your title I literally laughed out loud! I don't know if you remember or if you were even in the class with me but it was senior year in Zenders econ class and I was whinning about something and Brad Graham says really loud, "would you like some cheese with that whine?" So funny anyway your title brought back that memory...and yes when Bret gets home have some cheese with your wine while you soak in a hot tub uninterrupted by children...You have earned it my friend! Praying you through!