Thursday, May 27, 2010

Updates

Several people have informed me over the past week or two that they have been disappointed in my blogging output since losing my job. I appreciate that my friends and family have appropriately prioritized their concerns for us, and I apologize for the dearth of posts.

What I've discovered is that I've actually been far busier these last few weeks than I was in the past few months of full employment. My job had been winding down for a little while, giving me ample time to share my thoughts regarding global issues such as uncomfortable restroom interactions and which of my kids is the most brain damaged.

But now that I'm in a place of needing to find someone willing to provide me with enough of a paycheck to maintain Grant's steady supply of plastic armaments, I've found that the pursuit requires a great deal of time and energy, leaving little time for blogging. Additionally, we're steadily gearing up for our big trip in June, which has also required a bit of planning.

In the mean time, I went to Walmart the other day and saw one of the products I formerly managed sitting on the shelf with a clearance tag. I considered standing in front of it while wearing a sandwich board featuring my resume, but in the end, I simply purchased a few supplies to repair our gas grill and a rubber shark to keep Grant happy.

Hopefully I'll get more time to post next week. In the mean time, Grace just pooped all over her sheets.

Mr. Mom.

No comments: