Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quick Cincy Visit

Erin and I were both pretty stressed out Friday night. I think we both had just had long weeks, and the kids were sort of wearing us out. So after church, we looked at each other and decided that we needed a quick getaway over the holiday weekend. We decided that our default weekend getaway to Cincy would do the trick.

We booked a $50 hotel room at the Hyatt downtown, and I sent a text message (how 2007 of me, right?) to my cousin Kate who now lives down here. She agreed to meet us for dinner with her man friend, Clint, and we made a late afternoon attack on Terry's Turf Club.

Haven't heard of Terry's, you say? Well it's been on several Food Network shows recently, apparently. It's a tiny little place that serves primarily hamburgers the size of a woman's basketball. It was glorious. Plus they have all sorts of random things on their menu like foie gras and things made of chicken. Why would you eat any of these things when there are burgers and fried things to be had?

It was fun to hang out with Kate and Clint, and the kids had a great time tonight at the pool. Mommy and daddy are feeling much better about life also, so I think it was money well spent. Tomorrow we may or may not stop on the way home for some tubing at Perfect North Slopes. We shall see. In the mean time, I plan to lay here in bed and keep my heart beating by manually moving my burger from Terry's around my major organs.

2 comments:

Kate and Clint said...

we had a blast! hope to see you again soon! :)

Alison said...

Did you go to Perfect North?? Also, Erin, I realized I have no way to get ahold of you! I have your old email and your phone number didn't work. Hope you guys are still planning to come over tomorrow! Send me a message on FB or email. alisonhanscom@gmail.com