Thursday, March 03, 2011

Stress Reduction Theory

Since I took my new job in fall, I've been looking for ways to reduce stress. (While appreciative of being employed, this new gig is wearing...me...out.) I discovered that the quickest path to stress reduction for me was to cancel my gym membership.

I can't get up at 5am to go to the gym. It just makes me feel like I'm going to vomit to work out in a sleep deprived stupor. I don't want to go after work, since that's my 15 minutes a day that I get to spend with the kids. And I don't want to go on weekends because, well, what's the point if you're only going to go on weekends?

So what do I do? I stress over the $50/month I'm giving away to the gym. Therefore I canceled my gym membership and allocated an additional $50/month to our "eating out" budget. Stress reduction on two levels!

Now what to do with "the chub..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ditto. This is why our jeans no longer need belts, the glut of our belly keeps them up.

Unknown said...

Ditto. This is why our jeans no longer need belts, the glut of our belly keeps them up.