Thursday, August 11, 2011

State Fair


Another August means another run to the Indiana State Fair. I adore the state fair! A.D.O.R.E.... and I am making quick converts out of Grant and Grace. And, Bret, well, he doesn't need much of an excuse to eat copious amounts of fried food. The first day, we did it big: lots of food for Bret, chicken on a stick for Grant, loads of rides and a milkshake or two. Grant's favorite part (I expected him to say "rides") was when he shot five targets at the gun safety booth. Grace's favorite part: feeding the goats.







But, I love the fair so much that we went back again, just the kids and me. We all got in for free, rode one ride with leftover ride tickets, packed our lunch and drinks, hit a ton of the stuff we didn't get to do the first time, and didn't spend a dime. And, it was still bliss. Grant's favorite part: boy scout camp, complete with pinewood derby racing, shooting a water gun at a candle, and trying to start a fire. Grace's favorite part: feeding the goats.








Might even go next week on free AAA day. Just might.


3 comments:

Delaine said...

Tell Grace I would like the goats the best too!!! (or maybe a pig):)
Julianna is still talking about Grant!!! She says he says, "Oh, Man!!!" Too funny!!

Alison said...

You're such a good momma, remembering to take your camera and actually use it! I am so horrible about taking pictures, especially this summer. We were there yesterday for the free day, too. LOVE the fair! When's free AAA day?? I might have to look into that!

side of fries said...

Alison:

It's the 18th. Here is the info from the website: AAA members receive free admission on Aug. 18 when they show their valid membership card at the gate. One valid AAA card per person.

As for the camera, I forgot to put in the memory card the first time, so I only got to take a few pics. And the second time, it was almost out of battery... so I kind of messed up both times... argh. I'll get this down one day!