Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Two Years Ago Today


I can still remember how skinny she felt in my arms. I can still hear her crying, and I can feel her belly heaving as she stifled big sobs. I can still see the fear in her eyes.

And I can still remember the first hint of a smile. I can still hear her first real laugh as she played with Daddy on the bed.

It seems like it was decades ago that Wei came home to us. How can it just be two years? Hasn't she been a part of our lives forever? This kind of love can't just be two years old... can it?

But, in some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday that we headed to China to bring our little girl home. There were plenty of ups and downs in that first year, but we are raising the child we were meant to raise. She is God's gift to us, and we feel so blessed to call her our daughter. She is so very funny, so very quirky, so very, very sweet, but more than anything, she is so very, very loved.

Grace in China two years ago today...







And, now, our beautiful Wei Wei today...



1 comment:

Katherine said...

With all of the daily trials and tribulations of raising children we are so blessed to have such amazing kids and little Grace is the a special blessing!! She will always be on the "tippy top" of my list!!! she's a real doll, so sweet, so beautiful, and so peaceful!!! she definitely understands that she is loved.