Friday, October 21, 2011

Busy Times

Yes, we are still alive. No, I haven't officially quit blogging entirely.

What I have been doing is traveling. A lot. I've been to Texas twice, California, Oklahoma, Michigan and Mississippi in the last three weeks or so, and I've got Tennessee, Virginia, and North Carolina coming in the next few weeks. So needless to say, I'm racking up frequent flyer miles and a sore back, but finding little time to blog. But I will relate one recent event that made me smile.

Grant is all about Pokemon these days. He carries the cards around like prized possessions, and he frequently hands you several of what he has deemed to be the worst cards and insists on having a "Pokemon fight."

I realize there's a high strategy game invented by nerdy Japanese kids behind the cards, but this is not what Grant is after. He simply wants you to aim the cards at each other and yell things like "Shigooru attack! Wave splash! 40 damage!" And if you yell "I defend against Wave spash!" he informs you that your Pokemon, no matter who it is, cannot defend against anything. And the game moves on.

So a couple of Sundays ago as we left church, I asked Grant about what he'd learned in Sunday school. The day of Pentecost was then relayed to me, and it went something along the lines of "The Holy Spirit did a kind of 'Mighty Wind! Attack!' and Peter said 'Repent attack' -- 30 damage."

I was pretty sure at this point that we'd played a little too much Pokemon.

No comments: