Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

We headed south for our second annual pre-Christmas water park adventure.  This little get-a-way is really the only time our "little family of 5" gets to spend together over a very busy season.  The kids love it; it's never crowded, and Bret and I enjoy some relatively quiet and warm moments together.  This year, Grant was able to do every slide in the park, completely on his own.  He was up the big tower with a tube more times than I care to count.  Grace, with Bret's help, could do the two big inter-tube slides.  She wasn't a fan at first (cried the first time down each slide), but she quickly warmed up!  Plus, we discovered that Grace has a severe fear of heights.  She practically crawled on hands and knees up the large tower.  And, Trent... well, he loved the water!  But, to be honest, he spent more time napping in Daddy's arms than he did the water. 


















Then, we headed to Bedford to see all of Bret's extended family.  I have no pictures of this experience because the screaming baby (tuckered out from two days at the waterpark) was, well, screaming.  A lot.  It didn't seem to end.  Even on Christmas.  Even with gifts and boxes and bows.  In fact, on Christmas, he slept for 20 hours throughout the 24 hour day... one tired cookie.  The kids had a blast, and I am often reminded of how thankful I am that Bret has such a large family relatively close by.  It sure makes me wish my California family was closer!

Christmas morning we did stockings in bed and opened a few presents.  I know there is a long line of people who want to complain to us, telling us that our kids deserve a mountain of presents on Christmas morning (I'm looking at you, Kate and Barb).  But, we keep it pretty simple: about two presents and one from Santa... and the kids don't seem to mind (might have something to do with the VAN LOAD of gifts they receive at THREE different family Christmas celebrations).   The best Christmas presents of all were having Trent David with us and the start of a week long visit from my aunt and uncle from CA!








Today, snowed in with the "Blizzard of 2012," we have been up to our ears with Play-dough, pipe cleaners, colored tapes, skylander giants, star wars, flash pads, ninja turtles and chocolate.  And, to think, we have one more Christmas celebration to go!!



We're thankful for so much... blessed beyond measure!

3 comments:

Delaine said...

Merry Christmas!!! I have been thinking of you all up there in the snow. I loved the Christmas card with the kiddos pics. So cute. I just want to squeeze Trent!!
Gary is slowly getting better. Georgette told me you were checking in with her about him. We are at 6 weeks today, and he still needs to put no weight on the leg for 2 more weeks, then slowly add weight back on it. We have our Disney cruise in Feb. so I have my fingers crossed he will be ok enough to go and somewhat enjoy it. Dr has given his ok for him to go, so that is good. Email me sometime. Miss you all.

Katherine said...

Darling pics! Where the heck do you go where it is warm enough for a water park in December? Your kids look like they are scoring pretty well to me!66

side of fries said...

Kathy: Our water parks are indoors! That's how we roll in the midwest. Not everyone can be from sunny CA! :)