Sunday, January 27, 2013

Diving Lessons

So proud of my two cuties--they just started official diving lessons, and they are rockin' them!  They have been in swim lessons for years, and this last fall they were on a swim team.  So, it made sense, I guess, when they asked if they could do diving lessons!  I looked around... and found a couple of coaches willing to take the task of younger kids!

They have been off the "low" dive (as they call it), the high dive and two or three of the platforms.  In two short lessons, they have fallen in love!  I will admit, out of any practice you are forced to sit through as a parent, this one is the best!  Grace's training partner last week was a Michigan University student!  So, all to say, they are loving their lessons... and I'm enjoying just watching... which, I have to admit, isn't always the case!






2 comments:

Delaine said...

That is so cool! Caroline has been on a swim team for years and is very good. (we are traveling to South Carolina for her to be in the regionals in March) Anyway, I have looked around here, desperately trying to find her a dive team. Apparently, they are super hard to find in our region. The reason I am always given is that there are no area pools deep enough. One university has a deep pool, so she may try a summer clinic with them. I am glad Grace and Grant love it. We love swimming!!

Lauri said...

Wow, that's amazing! Go, Grant and Grace!