Sunday, March 24, 2013

Way Out West

My travels this week find me in Lubbock, Texas. I've never been to Lubbock, so I'm always excited to see someplace new. Being a music nerd, I mostly know Lubbock as Buddy Holly's home town. (And yes, I already drove by the house.)

This morning as I boarded my flight, it had already started snowing quite heavily in Indy. I rushed onto the plane and threw myself in my seat, thinking about all of the Buddy Holly sites I might see in Lubbock.

As I looked out my snow covered window, I took note of a heavy set Texan sitting across from me, as well as a Latino kid in front of me. Another glance out the window at the snowy tarmac, and I suddenly wasn't as excited to take off.

In the end, I made it to Lubbock in one piece, and hopefully in the next couple of days, I'll get the chance to hear Peggy Sue and Everyday at least a few times in the rental car.

No comments: