Friday, January 10, 2014

Polar Vortex

I enjoy when my kids are out of school.  Like last summer.  When we tackled our list of 100 summer bucket items.  Great times.  I remember them fondly.

But, there's something about my kids being out of school and being stuck in the house for five solid days that has me pulling out my hair.  In fact, that seems like more fun right now.  As does poking out my eyeball with a fork.  The pinterest worthy mom showed up for day one with games, loads of baking, and creative indoor solutions.  On day five of being snowed in, it's a mad house.  Like Lord of the Flies.  Only worse.

Want to watch TV for 12 hours?  Sounds good.  Play video games until your brain oozes out?  Why not?  Want to eat frosting out of the tub for breakfast?  Good plan.

I have never more needed to go to Target or get my oil changed or, heck, visit the obgyn.  Really, anything seems like a better option...

Views of the peaceful outdoors:


View of the not-so-peaceful indoors (forgive my half painted walls and messy kitchen and radiators without covers):



I should tell you that I am thankful that we have heat, that our pipes haven't burst, and that we have a fully stocked fridge or three.  And I am.  But, I'm begging for some warmer weather... or heck, for school to start back up--whichever comes first.

No comments: