Thursday, February 27, 2014

One Special Little Thing

Grace was one of four kindergarteners selected from her school to have her art work displayed in the Community Art Show!  Her cat, in the upper left, is based on the work of Gustav Klimt (one of my personal favorites!).  She was so proud... and so were we. 


But, I will tell you, I have never been more proud of this little thing than I was today.  A parent in Grace's class, who happens to be her doctor, told me the most amazing story.  She said that her daughter was upset one day, to the point of sobbing.  And as she was sobbing, Grace, who had just been able to cash in all her "good behavior tokens" for a prize, came up, grabbed this friend's hand, started talking and walking with her, and gave the little friend her hard earned prize.

In the words of the parent, "What five-year-old does that?"

I know one.  And I thank God every day that He has a hold of her heart and is molding her into a selfless person who considers others before herself.

1 comment:

Karin Jones said...

What a sweet story! She truly is an amazing little girl! And a great little artist too!