Monday, June 22, 2015

July's challenge--STOP staring at that screen

I'm not going to use this as my soapbox for why I hate Facebook.  Many of you have heard me rant on and on about it, and there's no need to get all critical here.  I forgive Facebook... or, at least, I am trying to forgive Facebook.

But, even though I hate it, it kind of sucks me in... as does Pinterest... or Instagram.... or any other socialcomputerwasteofmytime!

So, this month, it is NO [social media] SCREEN TIME!  It is going to be hard... but I picked a gorgeous month for the challenge.  It's not winter.  We don't need to be inside... and we don't need to carry our phones with us every waking second while we are outside enjoying the summer.

If someone sends me a message via facebook, I am going to answer it... and treat that like email, but the random scrolling, stalking, surfing the internet for WHO KNOWS WHAT... is over for the month.

I know it's going to be harder for some of you... because you don't actually HATE Facebook like I do. But, even though giving up Facebook will be easy for me, the random surfing of the web will not be!

So, unless it is something I need to do for work, church or family (like ordering medicine or buying toothpaste [yes, I buy our toothpaste at Amazon]), I'm out.

Anyone else want to be "out" with me?

No comments: