Thursday, August 24, 2006

RRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...


This is the sound we hear at night during the summer in our house. Just make that sound and amplify it to the approximate volume of a very loud lawn mower, and that's what you hear as you sit on our deck. It goes by approximately every 15 minutes from about 6pm until 9pm. Now I understand that people have hobbies, but I've seen some pretty narrow misses between Captain Minibike and full size vehicles in our neighborhood. It's not always easy to see someone 3 inches off the ground from the controls of an SUV at dusk. Plus, I'm not fully convinced that such a vehicle on a city street is really legal.

But, who am I to judge? I needn't worry. Eventually one of the other crazy hillbillies in our vicinity will end up running this guy down. In the past six months, the brick wall at the front entrance to our neighborhood has been driven through...twice. I'm at a loss to understand how someone drives through a brickwall, unless alcohol is involved. I don't know the particulars of the cases in our neighborhood, but the individual who hit the bricks this last time left a nice trail of oil right to their driveway afterwards. So much for fleeing the scene...

No comments: