Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back In The P.R.C.

So here I am again, on the verge of another trip to the People's Republic of China. I've been assigned to another joint project with my Chinese brethren, therefore I'll be traveling to China occasionally for the next few months. (It was evident to me that a trip is necessary after a conference call this evening with three Americans and several non-English speaking Chinese engineers. Conference calls work very poorly under these circumstances.)

I'll have the pleasure of checking out the Holiday Inn Donghua Shenzhen. Surreal. We switched hotels this trip, and the endorsement from someone who had stayed at the Holiday Inn was "it doesn't have as many hookers out front." But hey, it's 16000 frequent flyer miles, and it'll give me a chance to brush up on phrases like, "no more chicken bones for me, thanks" and "you're really gonna eat that?"

No comments: