Monday, March 19, 2007

This ain't spaghetti...

So nothing too exciting to report today. I did shockingly well, considering the amount of jetlag I expected to have. I made it through a day's worth of meetings, and I only drooled on my laptop once.

Given the inclimate state of my boss's digestinal tract, I let him choose our dining options for the day. So what does a sick man eat for lunch? A McDonald's double cheeseburger made from grade DD Asian beef. For dinner we went to an Italian (!?) place. I ordered the house spaghetti. As it turns out, this meant "scrape everything you can from the floor of the South China Sea and toss it with a few spaghetti noodles." It was fishy to say the least. I left a large portion of it behind, and I have a strange feeling I've not seen the last of it.

Tomorrow a second wave of coworkers arrive, which will be nice. There's a large shopping complex across the street from the hotel, which I plan to checkout tomorrow. There's also a rather magnificently large Wal-Mart and another shopping mall down the street. Nothing says "direct to market" quite like a Wal-Mart in China... I should hopefully get a chance to take more pictures tomorrow.

No comments: